Dental implants are artificial tooth replacements used to counter tooth loss. The procedure is categorized as a form of prosthetic (artificial replacement) dentistry, though it also falls into the category of cosmetic dentistry as well.
Although you have a number of restorative options for the treatment of missing teeth, none have proven to be as functionally effective and durable as implants. In many cases, dental implants may be the only logical choice for the restoration of all necessary functionality of the teeth and supporting structures.
Strong, durable and natural in appearance, implants are among the most successful dental procedures performed. People who have lost teeth might feel too self-conscious to smile or talk. Additionally, biting irregularities caused by tooth loss can have a negative effect on eating habits and this can lead to secondary health problems like malnutrition. Regardless of the nature of problems related to tooth loss, dental implants may provide a simple remedy with proven results.
Advantages of Implant Dentistry
Dental implants are stronger and more durable than their restorative counterparts (bridges and dentures). Implants offer a permanent solution to tooth loss. Additionally, implants may be used in conjunction with other restorative procedures for maximum effectiveness. For example, a single implant can serve to support a crown replacing a single missing tooth. Implants can also be used to support a dental bridge for the replacement of multiple missing teeth, and can be used with dentures to increase stability and reduce gum tissue irritation.
- A Reliable Alternative
- Naturally replaces missing teeth
- Supports a single or full bridge
- Eliminates the need for a partial removable denture
- Helps prevent bone loss and gum recession
- Makes it easier to chew, eat, talk and smile!
- Fuses to living bone for that real tooth feel
- Makes dentures more comfortable and secure
- Eliminates messy denture glues and pastes
- Eliminates wrinkles on your face giving you a younger appearance
- Requires no adhesives, removals, soaking or cleaning
- Provides a reliable, long-term dental solution that can last a lifetime!